A pressure cooker comes with its regular pressure lid – that has a gasket to create a tight seal. But then – what is the purpose of a glass lid? We’ll be taking a look at just why. Glass lid: a pressure cooker accessory you need to enhance the range of your pressure cooker…
Why is a glass lid helpful?
There are a number of reasons for saying this:
- Firstly, these allow you to use your pressure cooker to cook even without the pressure function.
- When using the cooker to brown or sauté food, this can be a great way to stop the oil from splashing out and coating the counter top around the cooker.
- Even with new electric pressure cookers, you can use these lids for the sauté or browning function – because they do not need the pressure lid to be fitted in place.
- These glass lids also come with small vents – which allow for just the right amount of steam to escape. So many people also use these to cover their cooker when they are using them as a steamer.
- And of course, a glass lid, as opposed the usual pressure cooker lids, allows you to keep an eye on your food – of course this is only when you are not pressure cooking.
And now the question that arises is…
Where can you get a glass lid for your pressure cooker?
Well, in a number of cases these come with your pressure cooker as one of the included accessories. But if it doesn’t come with the original, you can always check for the lid that fits with your model of pressure cooker. Alternately, most pressure cookers come in standard sizes, and that means that the same lid can fit more than one make of cooker. So just measure you cooker and pick a lid that is the right size!
Here are a couple of options:
#1: Instant Pot® 9-inch Tempered Glass Lid for Electric Pressure Cookers
Made of tempered glass, this lid is completely safe for use. The rim, as well as the cover for the steam vent and the handle is all made of the best quality Stainless Steel. This means that the lid is sure to last you for years to come – as long as the pressure cooker stays with you!
This glass lid has a diameter of 23 centimeters or 9 inches. And that means it can easily fit most 6 quart pressure cookers. Though it is always wise to measure first.
Now, if you have an electric pressure cooker and are missing the glass lid, this one will be the best buy. And of course, this comes with other perks too. For one, it can be washed and cleaned in the dishwasher, making the job easier for you. Also, they ensure every care is taken to keep the glass completely clear so you can see into the pot with ease. For the new Instant Pot Cookers, you can use this lid even on the ‘Slow cook’ option.
And now we’ll take a look at the reviews:
Firstly most people were very happy about the dishwasher safe feature of it.
It can be used to cook your food, to keep the food warm and to easily transform the inside of your pressure cooker into a fridge safe pot for the leftover food with the lid on!
The lid is also high quality, and will not get damaged easily.
As for the rest of the reviews, you can read those here. To get it, check out Amazon because currently there is a very attractive discount that you can get!
This next one is fashioned for a different cooker – in this case the Secura 6-in-1 – but even this one is adaptable…
#2: Secura 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker Glass Lid
Touted to be professional quality, this one is also sturdy in construction and not prone to easy damage. This lid is made from the best quality tempered glass, and the edge, steam vent opening and handle are all Stainless Steel – increasing the life of the lid.
This one is also completely safe to be washed in the dishwasher – just like the other one, and it has also been treated specially to prevent rusting of the stainless steel parts, even after prolonged use.
Needless to say, this one is also completely clear glass – so you can see inside. And you can take this off to stir your food as and when needed as well. And now we’ll take a quick look at the customer reviews:
- The lid is really helpful in frying and browning since it prevents any oil from splashing out.
- It is also a versatile lid and can fit many different makes of pressure cookers – so if you have say 2 pressure cookers of the same capacity, you can use this for both!
- As a reviewer put in, even after having used the cooker lid extensively over 7 months, the steel didn’t show even the least sign of rust.
Read all the reviews here and then – as for getting this – go with Amazon for the best discount, price and shipping!
Glass lid: a pressure cooker accessory you need indeed… and with these top picks from Amazon, you are sure to get the best service. You’ll also be able to cook most easily!