If you are looking for a super fast pressure cooker, this is by far one of the best choices you could be making. The Magefesa Practika Plus Stainless Steel Super Fast Pressure Cooker is a stellar example of a pressure cooker designed and built for efficiency and providing you with all the things that you could ask for in a good quality pressure cooker! So – let’s take a closer look at one of the models, shall we?
And here is exactly why this is one of the best you can get…
Good quality cooker
When it comes to quality in make, this is really as good as it gets. The cooker, as well as the lid, is made completely out of the best quality 18/10 stainless steel. This, along with the Tri-ply thermo base ensures even cooking, and a longer life for the cooker. Also, the cooker comes equipped with a special silicone gasket. The silicone makes it more lasting than the usual rubber gaskets.
In addition to the above, the two handles, the shorter helper handle and the longer lower handle, are both made of the best quality heatproof material so that your hands remain protected at all times. Also, the handles are firmly secured to the body of the cooker, so that you are at no risk.
There is one other thing about quality that we must mention here – and that is that the pot of the pressure cooker is so designed that it can be washed in the dishwasher without a care. This means that the cooker is designed to last.
Next we take a look at the…
Very versatile design
This is a cooker designed for utility –and as such provides a host of great features. And we’ve tried to sum up the major ones here:
- Firstly, unlike other pressure cookers, this one has a very low minimum liquid level. Which means that having a large cooker enables you to cook flexible meals – a lot or even very little – in the same pot!
- Depending on what you are cooking in it – and what process of cooking you are using – there is an easy guide that tells you just how much water to use!
- It allows for two different cooking speeds or modes – there is the high pressure super quick mode at 15 psi; and there is also the low pressure quick cooking mode at 8 psi.
- You can cook with this on a variety of stove tops – electric, gas, induction or ceramic.
- It comes with a 10 year warranty and can even double up for pressure canning.
- And it is available in a variety of sizes (prices vary, of course). The available sizes are 3.3 quart, 4 quart, 6 quart, 6.3 quart and 8 quart!
Over all, there is so much you can do with these cookers – and you also have so much variety to choose from. But considering that we are speaking about pressure cookers, one thing still nags at the back of our minds – and that is security. Well. Security should be the least of your worries with the Magefesa Practika Plus, and here’s why…
Top security features
Its security features are commendable and very well planned. Here they are in a nutshell:
- The lid is full of safety features, there is the security window on the side, the pressure sensor, special button for locking and unlocking the cooker, as well as the pressure valve and the pressure regulator located on it.
- In addition to the features of the lid that you can use, it also comes with an auto locking feature. This ensures that when the pressure has started to build up, the lid automatically locks into place and there is no way you can take it off without depressurizing it.
Besides these factors, it is necessary to mention that the manufacturers put the prototype cooker through all required tests and trials to ensure that it continues to function properly and poses no risk to you!
Over all, it is a great cooker to have, and we’ll confirm that with some…
We’ll take a quick look at a few of the reviews now:
- The quality is really good, and the cooker is quite heavy. This makes it a great pot for making all those braised stews or even slow cooked crock pot dishes!
- The aluminum on this one has been treated in such a way that it never washes off, or even wears out with use.
- The lid locking function is very useful, and quite reliable.
- And the price, compared to what you get, is also not very high!